Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My First attempt at Embossing Paste


I have been wanting to try Embossing Paste for a while. I went to Michael's, unsure of what to buy. They do not have any paper craft brands, specifically. I looked at the products in the art department and walked away. I had no idea what was the best choice!

Last week All Scrapbook Steals had a super sale on a Teresa Collins, my second favorite paper company behind PTI.  Here is their site  http://www.allscrapbooksteals.com/

I ordered the paper and since I was paying shipping, I added this embossing paste:

And this stencil: 


I made this card:


I am pretty happy with it. I put a small amount of the paste with the stencil onto some white paper before I went to get my husband at the airport yesterday. This afternoon after a DREADFUL basketball game, I worked with it. I just used my inking tool and lightly inked it to help the pattern show. 
Not bad for a first effort...
Next I want to try it on colored card stock.

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

PS
I got these, too! They were $3








1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm impressed! Very nice card, and its so you!

    ReplyDelete