Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011 ~ Week 2




Here is my card for the Challenge for week 2 in the card camp.  Jennifer McGuire showed a technique that is sort of reverse embossing.  You "stamp" Versamark in a rectangle direct to the paper, add white embossing powder, take your stamp that also has Versamark on it and "kiss" the embossing powder area.  You remove most of the powder.  She was MUCH better at it than I was.  I am not sure if my technique was poor or if her stamp was better for the technique.  I did the best I could but there was still a fair amount of embossing powder left where I "stamped"  I tried to clean it up with minimal success. You then heat set the powder.  I used watercolor paper and made my own watercolor ink by smearing ink on my craft mat, adding water to paint the leaves.  I used a combination of PTI New Leaf and Simply Chartreuse ink.  The ink only sticks to the paper where you removed the embossing powder.  The rest of the image stays the white.  I then edged the image with Lemon Tart ink.  The image piece was mounted on Simply  Chartreuse cardstock & wrapped with button twine.  An Orange Zest button was threaded with button twine and added to the top of the twine bow.  The card base is 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock.  A 3 1/2x5 piece of Pure Poppy cardstock was stamped with hero Arts Antique Writing stamp and Versamark.  That was mounted on a piece of 4x5 1/2 piece of Orange Zest cardstock.  Those pieces were adhered to the card front.  The embossed piece was adhered in the left corner, to hide the butterfly (see previous post with that stamp), with pop dots. 
Jennifer's card is so pretty.  I made 2 attempts at my "embossing" and the second one was better but not perfect.  I like the technique but it is hard to master so I am not sure it will go into my repertoire!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment: