Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Saturday, July 9, 2011

PTI Blooming Button Bits cards









This is another large post of the same card in different colors.  I made a HUGE batch of these cards to sell.  I sell most of my cards at Curves where I work out.  I have told you I donate the money to Missions at my church.  My money specifically goes to South Africa and last year I donated enough to dig a well thanks to the generosity of the ladies who work out at Curves in Leawood, Kansas.  Hi ladies!  I make several of the same card and feature it as the "Card of the Week".  This one is that card for next week. 
It is Super Simple.  I stamped the leaf in both Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse on a square of white cardstock.  I found 1 large and 2 small buttons of the same color and either threaded them with button twine or layered a gem on top.  I buy only clear gems in bulk.  Did you know you can color your own gems with a  Sharpie?  You really need a Sharpie or the ink will rub off.  The buttons were adhered to the leaves.  I took a 4 1/4x6" piece of coordinating cardstock and embossed it with Seeing Spots embossing folder.  The extra hangs out off the end and gives you a flat space to put the sentiment on or just for interest.  I tied coordinating ribbon in a knot in the area where the embossing ends.  The button piece was added to the card front with pop dots.  Some of them have the sentiment stamped directly to the panel and some I used PTI Double Ended Banner die to cut white cardstock and stamp. 
SIMPLE and quick to make.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

3 comments:

  1. Adorable cards. I really like that flower ribbon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know you can also color the gems with copic markers? i totally freaked out when i learned that tip. i'll never buy colored bling again!
    debbie
    eastshorelanedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these variations on the theme. Great color combos each and every one!

    ReplyDelete