Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

Pocket card


The Make It Monday card challenge today is a pocket card.  My favorite designer, Dawn McVey did today's video tutorial HERE  I am leaving town tomorrow so I had just a few minutes to make a card for the challenge.  My pictures didn't turn out so well, for some reason.  Probably because I was in a hurry!  The card base is 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock.  the card front is SEI Black Orchid.  It was cut at 4x5 3/8.  The pocket is 3x5 1/2 black cardstock.  I used PTI Edger #1 and cut both ends of the black strip.  I scored and folded it at 2 1/4 and adhered the edges with ATG tape.  I stamped Dawn's Signature Greeting with VersaMark and heat embossed white embossing powder.  I used the small and medium Rolled Roses die to cut cream felt.  You can get the die HERE  They were added with glue dots.  My tag is PTI Mat Stack 1.  I used it to cut white cardstock and added black ribbon and a white button. 
I cannot wait to make more of these cards when I have time.  So cute and so easy!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan
PS  I will try and post from Charlotte.  Otherwise it will be 2 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Black and white cards are so elegant! Have fun in Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful elegant card. I love your flowers and your background.

    ReplyDelete