Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Monday, July 25, 2011

July 2011 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


Each month Nicole Heady, owner of Papertrey Ink does a Blog Hop Challenge on her blog.  I typically don't get around to making a card for it, it is due by 11pm that day.  Seriously, am I that organized?  Make, photograph, edit, and post a card in a 8 or so hour time frame!  Me??  Rarely!  But, this time I was lucky.  While I was in Charlotte I made about 60 cards.  A lot of those are a set of 6, or even the same set of six in  a different color or paper.  The 2 cards pictured were some of what I just made.  I LOVE that patterned paper.  The blue background with the orange doily patterns!  So bright & cheery!  The paper is from the stack I have shown before that I got on clearance at AC Moore in Charlotte.  The cover was missing so I don't know what it is, sorry.  Really sorry because it has some pretty paper.  Those cards in the post before.  The ones with the BEAUTIFUL Damask brown paper, ahhh.  LOVE that paper.  Wait till I post the one I made with the last scraps.  Soooo pretty!
OK, back to the card.  4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock, top fold.  The mats are 4x 2 3/4.  White satin ribbon is tied in a knot at the seam.  PTI Mat Stack 1 was used to cut white cardstock.  I inked the edges with blue ink.  PTI Beautiful Blooms II #2 was used to cut the solid mat paper in alternating colors.  A button was threaded with button twine and sewn onto the flowers.  Turning a New Leaf die was used to cut green paper, and that was tucked behind the flower.  The Mat Stack was adhered to the card front with pop dots.  A sentiment was stamped on the solid mat.  Simple!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

3 comments:

  1. Sixty cards!!! Wow you were busy. Love your take on this challenge with the cards you posted. And I like the masculine card from July 12th too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty...love how just a simple change makes the cards have a totally different feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I love that patterned paper too.

    ReplyDelete