Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rolled Roses card! (Hey, it's been a while ;)


OK, I know I was obsessed with my Rolled Roses dies get them HERE and HERE .  While I was getting you the link, they have a new LARGE die, HERE .  Oh dear, do you think I need it?  Maybe Simon Says Stamps will have a sale & I won't be able to resist it!
So, back at the card.  This is a 5x7 white cardstock Greeting Card.  The top panel, 4 3/4x4 1/2 is American Crafts, not sure which collection it is from, if you want to know, ask & I will look it up.  The bottom panel is 2 3/4, raspberry Bazzil cardstock.  A  green ribbon, Michael's was tied in a knot at the seam.  A pretty soft green, pearlized cardstock from my stash, I think it came from Michael's, was cut with PTI turning a New Leaf die.  Mat Stack 4 was used to cut white cardstock.  PTI Beautiful Blessings sentiment was stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink.  1 large, 2 medium and 1 small Rolled rose were cut with the raspberry cardstock.  I used the pearlized straight pins from Michael's in the center of each rose. 
The color didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, even after editing.  The solid color is a PRETTY Raspberry color.
I do have to share a short story about the sentiment.  Last night my precious baby, 17, was driving home with 3 friends from a concert.  He took a wrong turn and got off the interstate in the wrong place.  He had been driving 65+ mph and when he got on the other road he was going 40-45 mph.  As he was driving the drivers side front WHEEL, not the tire, came off his car!  He was able to get the car under control and pull over.  All 4 boys are safe.  The car did sustain damage but it can be fixed!  Those precious 17 year old boys are safe!
GOD is GREAT!  I know his guardian Angel had him get off the interstate and get on the street with the lower speed!  In EVERY ordinary day there are a THOUSAND miracles!!!!!!!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, wonderful sentiment. I thank our Heavenly Father for His hand of protection on our Precious boy and his friends. God IS good.

    And, yes, I am quite sure you need that die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, the roses are fantastic... I really need to buy the die..
    Have a great night.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete