Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ashley Newell inspired cards



First off let me say that I like all of these cards, but I LOVE the top brown one!  It is the card I told you I would share, yesterday.  It was made with just a 2x7" piece of the PRETTY brown Damask paper.  So now I will tell you about the inspiration.  I have been in a rut!  I have struggled all summer to make pretty cards.  Maybe it is the heat, I don't know.  A few month ago I found an fabulous blog AshleyNewell.com .  You can find her blog HERE .  She is AMAZING.  She is a photographer so her cards always look awesome and she makes the most soft, feminine and just gorgeous cards!  She really make some of the prettiest cards I have seen on the web.  So while I was struggling to come up with a new idea, I studied her design.  These cards are not copies of a card, they are just the "feeling" I get from her work.  She uses a LOT of lace and trim.  I went to Hancock Fabric and scoured their trim & lace.  I found several things I liked.  I bought only white and cream because you can spray or use the new Tim Holtz stains to dye almost any trim.  Even satin trims will take the color.
The cards all are 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock base.  They are all top fold.  The mats are 4x 5 3/8.  The patterned paper is 2x3 3/4.  I used my ATG gun and ran a strip of glue on the bottom edge of the patterned strips & added the lace trim.  Those were adhered to the mat.  I took PTI Fillable Frames #10 for card 1&2 and the matching stamp.  Fillable Frames #4 was used for the 3rd card.  I used all 3 PTI Butterfly dies and the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Classic Butterfly punch.  You can get that punch for 40% off at Michael's for $6.  The stamps are all PTI Signature Greetings.  The frames are adhered with pop dots as are some of the butterflies.  Some are glued directly to the frame.  The pearls are Michael's Recollection brand.
Go take a peek at Ashley's blog and see if you agree with me, she is AMAZING!

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the use of lace on these cards, so elegant, but not overdone.

    ReplyDelete