Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Friday, July 1, 2011

S-fold Card



This S-fold or Z-fold card is 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock.  It is folded in half and then the front is folded back towards the fold. (Is it right to use fold 3 times in 1 sentence?)  That is the best way to describe it.  I hope the different picture angles will explain what my wording had trouble with.  The patterned paper is from PTI Holiday Cheer.  Like the last card, I don't think that paper is very Christmas-ey, so it works well for an every-day card.  2 pieces of the patterned paper were cut at 5 1/4x 1 7/8, and 1 at 5 1/4x4.  Two 3"  white cardstock circles were punched out and one 2 1/2" Scarlet Jewel cardstock circle was cut.  One white and the scarlet jewel circles were layered and a burgundy fabric YoYo, handmade by my Mother, Donna Whitley, was added.  A pink button was sewn into the center of the YoYo.  The second white circle was added to the backside of the card lining it up behind the front circle.  A sentiment box was added to the front to be stamped at a later date. 
This is a simple card but it looks MUCH more complicated.  I hope my pictures will clarify the awkward wording!  Ask if you have questions.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this card and I especially love the handmade yo-yo's our Mom makes!

    ReplyDelete