Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Make It Monday #68: Pocket Cards ~ 2






Another fun challenge. Make a pocket card. I make a lot of pocket pouches for Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. You have seen my posts on my blog in the last year. Theses were fun to make. This post uses a vertical pocket, the previous post is horizontal. I used Hibiscus Burst paper cut to 4 1/4x11". Heather Nichols trimmed 1 1/2" off the front flap, so did I. AND...... drum roll ~ I finally used some Washi tape I bought at Target. That was thanks to a tip from Dawn McVey. 4 rolls for $4! I had not been inspired to use it on any of my cards but I finally saw a perfect spot. Michelle Wooderson had said in her blog some people don't like the ripped edge and maybe I am one of them. I put my roll in an old tape dispenser and I like the look, you could also just cut it. I cut a Heart Border in Sweet Blush and adhered it to the tape on the top of the pocket. I used Mat Stack 3 and Layerz. The paper is Raspberry Fizz Pattern Pack, Damask, and Sweet Blush. I used Notched Flowers with a button on top. The sentiment on both the pocket and card are from Tagged Sentiments in Raspberry Fizz. The card is 3 1/2x4 3/4. I used to Washi tape on the top edge and I had this perfect little border from cutting the hearts, so I adhered it to the bottom. 
I am so THRILLED I was finally able to use my Washi tape. I know EVERY one else and been using it FOREVER!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous take on the challenge! Love the bold colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card! I still have yet to find that tape at our Target! I need to keep going and find some! Beautiful design! You are making me think that I need that mat stack design and those notched flowers! LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The colors are gorgeous! And I love your design! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - this is fabulous! And I'm so glad that you finally put that washi tape to good use. *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete