Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Monday, August 4, 2014

Make It Monday #175: Creative Card Borders Using Non-Border Dies

14

Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and a creative border created with non-border dies..

I used to do this technique a long time ago. Before we had dies. I used to hand cut a stamped image.
This is easier, sort of...
You have to think backwards. I mis-cut my first attempt. I had it figured out, over thought it, switched the plates and blew it!
So, it is easy, when you think right, backwards! Clear as mud!


AND... I am so glad Danielle followed MY rule! 

NO DESIGN TEAM MEMBER CAN USE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!


So I can!
:)

                                                 

I LOVE it! I knew I would.
I am going to attempt another one. Maybe a floral... Maybe 2!

Thanks for looking at my blog!
Susan

16 comments:

  1. Ha! I knew someone would use these dies right away ;) I agree with you that the DT should not be allowed to use them :). Your card is beautiful--bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The larger dies work best and that butterfly is perfect. Love your colors. I'm going to make one of those too but won't be posting it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I like your rule too...it's just too pretty a set not to use! Great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! What set is that sentiment from? Love it because you can't look at this card without smiling! So cheery and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, this is absolutely wonderful! Beautiful with just 2 colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterflies, Susan! The colors are awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The butterflies are perfect as borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to love ! It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see your next one.....
    Love the bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you hit it out of the park! Gorgeous, Suze! Love how you positioned the butterflies. Show us more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these butterflies. Such a beautiful card. My first thought was to do butterflies, but saw that you had already done one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love your beautiful butterflies (I neeeed this die!!) - so pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is gorgeous!! I love those large butterflies for the border and how you positioned them is fabulous too! Fun colors and love the rhinestones :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outstanding!! I love love love the bold pink and your butterfly border is out of this world! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and your colours are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad it worked out for you, because this is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Susan! Love the colors, the touches of sparkle, and of course those gorgeous butterflies!

    ReplyDelete