Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Sunday, August 17, 2014

2 cards to share

I work out at Curves in Leawood, KS.
Jacque and her Mother Dorothy are two of the sweetest, kindest most generous people I know.
Dorthy, 92,was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. We were all so devastated. But let me tell you that 92 year old has more energy than you do ~ I guarantee it. She is a fighter and we are convinced this cancer will not beat her,
She started radiation treatments last week. I wanted to make an encouragement card for her. We will put it on the counter at Curves for the members to sign.


When I make a card that will have lots of signatures I make a super-sized card.
I take an 8 1/2x11 sheet of white card stock, fold it in half and build my card.


Friendly Flowers makes SUCH a pretty card!
I will add several sheets of card stock folded over so we can get LOTS of signatures and words of encouragement!

The second card is made with some transparency overlays I bought YEARS ago for scrap booking.
Apparently they never spoke to me for a scrap book page. I am trying to use my supplies. so...


This is a 5x7 greeting card. 
I used Wet Paint stamps and By the Numbers dies.


I think for a child this will make a GREAT card.

I spent a good part of the weekend cleaning and organizing my stamp room. 
I am getting ready for Stamp-A-Faire!
It felt so good to get it all spiffed up!
So looking forward to what the design team has in store for us!

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan


1 comment:

  1. That top card is gorgeous. It will be a blessing, I know.

    Love the bottom one, so cute.

    ReplyDelete