Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Webster Pages Warehouse Sale Cards






Back in June Webster Pages had the sale where you spend $39 and you get a box worth over $100. I was hoping for a box full of Sparkles and trims. I did get a LOT of trim and some sparklers and either 4 or 5 packages of 6x6 papers + 12-15 12x12 papers. All in all a VERY good deal! The shipping was $9! The papers are very Vintage/Victorian to me. This is a look I like but I would never sit down and pick out these papers. I sometimes think a sale like this is good for stretching my comfort zone. As you probably know, Dawn McVey is my stamping IDOL! I have patterned my style after her. I LOVE Melissa Phillips but I could not pattern my style after hers. Dawns was much more like mine to begin with. Melissa's designs though GORGEOUS are too complicated for me. They have too many steps, and I have ADD! So, these cards are MORE Shabby Chic/Vintage/Victorian than my normal style, but, they are still my style. Does that make sense???
These cards are all 5x7 Greeting Card size. The papers were trimmed, and the extra piece or a contrasting piece was added to the bottom. The top card was interesting. It had 2 edges that had cool elements, so after MUCH deliberation I cut it apart and adhered a seam down the left side. I was going to cover it up (You know my issue with seams!) but that just made it more obvious, so... I left it! I used  PTI dies to make minimal embellishments and some bling (for you, Pam)! 
I have more to share, I made a LOT from these papers!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, these papers are lovely! And who doesn't love a good deal?! I don't think I could pick a favorite card - great job with the shabby look, yet staying true to your style. I agree that Melissa does AMAZING work, but I can't pull off that style. It's just too "fussy" for me. And the bling.....well, I LOVE YA!

    As for PTI release, I haven't decided that I'm going to order anything this month. I'll give you a minute to pick yourself up from the floor. I said "haven't decided", but it's only 5:49 pm. That could change. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice! I also could not pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete