Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Make It Monday #80: Making Garland ~ Card 2



Ashley's our Make-It-Monday Gal this week as she shares her tips for making any shape into a trendy garland to put on your projects. We love anything that makes dies and stamps more versatile, so this tip is right up our alley.





This is actually my second card. I forget to post my second card first because I am a Ding-Bat! Anyway, the reason I made a second card is I felt my first card was a little crowded. I think this looks much better.
This card uses Sweet Baby stamps and dies. Fine Linen, Harvest Gold and Spring Rain ink. The background  panel is Bitty Dot and the Mat is Mega Mat Stack 4. I have a tip. If you are layering these cuts between twine use PTI card stock. I get a little cheap and try and use my Wal Mart stock and the twine showed a bump along the die cuts. I just re-cut them with PTI paper, stamped and re-layered them ~ problem solved. I think this makes an ADORABLE card!
Thanks Ashley for a fun Make-it-Monday!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan


4 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Any new mommy would love to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet baby card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.MY.STINKIN.WORD! This is just too cute for words. You are totally inspiring me to give the banner technique a try. I'll put it on my crafty to do list. You did a great job with the latest MIM.

    ReplyDelete