Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stamping with Acrylic Paint


I told you on THIS POST that I was going to give stamping with acrylic paint another try.  I did and I am MUCH happier with the results.  I used a higher grade of paint, KI Memories.  I looked on-line and I could not find it.  I have had it for a while, my sister Pat *Hi Pat* gave it to me.  I also bought some Making Memories that is good paint as well. 
These cards have a 4x5'ish size piece of torn canvas.  The base coat is painted on, allowed to dry and stamped with paint.  The top one is a gold paint and I used an old Stampin Up background stamp.  The bottom one uses the pink from the top and Hero Arts Life of the Party Dots background stamp.  The pieces were double matted and adhered to a 4 1/4x5'1/2" white cardstock, card front.  Before I mounted them I adhered a piece of vintage, it was my Grandmothers, lace to the middle of the panel.  I tied dyed seam binding around that and made the big, fluffy bow, added a button and PTI Tiny Tags.  The top one has a Recollections bling and the bottom one has Recollections resin blossom.  PTI Double Ended Banner was used to cut white cardstock and stamped with the Hero Arts sentiment.  
I am MUCH happier with these cards.  Better paint, and a little practice makes all of the difference.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment: