Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Colin's Car






I briefly told you earlier this week about Colin, my 17 year old, having the front drivers side wheel come off hi car.  Here are the pictures the body shop took of his car.  Mind you these pictures were taken after they put his spare on the car.  It looked MUCH worse when I drove up and the axle was on the ground.  If you look closely you can see at least 2 of the bolts were sheared off!  All of this damage was done by the wheel.  He did NOT hit anything!  He was able to bring the car to a stop safely.  The wheel was never recovered.  We don't know where it flew off to.  This was a miracle!  He was only going about 40-45 mph not the 65-70 he had been going.  I am SURE his Guardian Angel had hinm get off on the wrong exit!  I am also sure he helped him guide the car to a safe stop. Colin is only 17 and has not had those kinds of expreiences before, though I am not sure anyone is prepared for that to happen.  He is an Eagle Scout so that probably helped him stay calm, and he is a GREAT kid!  If you know him, you agree, right?
Thank you for letting me share this with you, and to give God all of the Glory!
I am off to Fredonia tomorrow to teach a class for my Sister Pat and her friends, *Hi, girls!*
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. You are preaching to the choir, sis, we KNOW he is a GREAT kid!

    Looking forward to the class and to seeing you and hug Colin's neck! Making his favorite, buttermilk fried chix strips with mashed potatoes and gravy! Anything for him!

    ReplyDelete