Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Dawn McVey inspired cards



Those BEAUTIFUL blue flower cards I posted last week were just one of the cards I copied from Dawns blog.  These are inspired by her as well.  It was actually not a card but a cover for a journal she made.  I am going to try my hand at that, later.  Anyway the post is HERE .  The cards are all the same, just the sentiment changes.  4 1/2x5 1/2 white cardstock.  I used PTI Background Basics HERE and stamped it in Dark Chocolate ink.  A snip of Medium Scallop border in pink was layered with a brown Double Ended Banner cut.  Berry Sorbet cardstock was cut with Doily Details die, and was layered with a brown circle in the center.  The largest butterfly die was used to cut kraft cardstock.  It was run through my paper corrugater.  I swiped it with Fresh Snow ink, just to add contrast.  A button was threaded with button twine and adhered to the butterfly.  
The sentiments were all stamped in Dark chocolate ink.  Super simple cards ~ but a pretty design.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment