Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Saturday, August 6, 2011

3 cards ~ 1 sheet 6x6 paper!






I am back from Fredonia where I taught 4 awesome ladies techniques to make 8 cards!  We had a lot of fun.  Thanks to my Fredonia Card/Cricut Crew! *Hi!*
Today I am sharing 3 pretty cards made from one 6x6 sheet of Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho Collection paper.  The sheet I chose was the Yellow Bell Pepper (even though it is red ~ go figure!)  The cards are on a 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock base.  The panels are 4x2 3/4'ish.   When I am making cards to stretch a pattern paper I love, I make the solid color fit the size of the patterned paper I have.  I started out with the first card.  The third used what was left from the 4" strip from the first.  The middle card was truly the leftovers pieced together with the 2" piece from the first cut.  See where I am going here?  The top card has a doily cut from PTI Doily Details.  The flowers are Michael's Recollections.  The leaf is a Prima.  PTI Eyelet Lace Border Die cut the red cardstock.  The tag is Tiny Tags die from PTI.  Both 1 & 2 cards have flower I got from HERE .  I LOVE these flowers!  PTI Button Twine was wrapped around the first card front before it was adhered to the card base.  The second card uses seam binding I dyed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain, so easy & fun to use.  It has the same tag as #1.  I am trying to figure out where that adorable Thank You stamp came from.  A lot of my clear stamps that don't have indexes are kinda mixed up.  When I find it I will use it & let you know.  It was stamped with pure Poppy ink on PTI Fillable Frames #3 ~ I LOVE that frame, too!  The last card uses a piece of Stampin Up ribbon that had a white stripe in it.  I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist to make it more cream colored.  The tag has a flower I got on clearance at AC Moore in the wedding section.  The flower on the button twine bow is a prima that was inked to make it cream.  PTI Double Ended Banner that was inked & stamped in Pure poppy ink finishes the card. 
They are all pretty, really pretty.  The paper makes the cards & the embellishments are the jewelry.  Again, use solid paper to stretch your patterned paper and it also adds interest!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You can make paper I am not wild about look incredible!

    Thanks so much for coming down for the class. All the girls had a great time and we made some awesome cards and projects!

    Can't wait for the next one. <3

    ReplyDelete