Search This Blog

Contact me


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011

This card is for the Card Camp Color Challenge and is one I made from Jennifer McGuire's tutorial.  You can see the colors we were to use from the 5 dots on the logo above.  My card base is 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock.  I stamped the card front with Hero Arts Life of the Party Dots background stamp.  I used PTI Spring Rain ink.  I took PTI Mat Stack 1 die and cut a window in the front of the card.  A piece of re-cycled acetate from packaging was stamped with StazOn black ink.  The sentiment is a Stampendous cling rubber stamp.  That was adhered to the back of the front.  A piece of white cardstock, slightly smaller than the front was also cut with Mat Stack 1 and adhered to the back of the front to cover the edges of the acetate.  A frame was made with the orange cardstock.  I took Mat Stack 5 cut the paper, taped Mat Stack 1 to the center and ran that through my Vagabond.  I glued it to the edge of the window.  2 flowers were cut with Beautiful Blooms II #3 and white cardstock.  They were stamped with the coordinating stamps using Sweet Blush & Plum Pudding ink.  These flowers were adhered with pop dots at the corner of the window. 
This was my first attempt at making a window card.  It turned out OK, a little practice wouldn't hurt!
Thank you for looking at my blog!


  1. Hi Susan, I love your card, the colors came out great but the sentament is the best part.
    Have a great evening.

  2. Very nice, I agree, the sentiment makes the card! Love the flowers, too!

  3. What a beautiful job you did with this window card - love your sentiment. The background dots are look great and then the inside background is lovely. Love that die you used!