Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fathers Day Cards

 I was on a mission to make Fathers Day cards.  I had seen a card on a blog that gave me an inspiration so I tried to make it ~ Susan style!  Well, it bombed!  It was just ~ blah.
 So.... I tried, again.  This is what I came up with.  I liked it but my husband said "men don't play Bingo!"  I am not sure that is true but.... He said they play Poker.  I had an idea.....
I knew I had a deck of mini playing cards.  I found them and most of them were missing.  I took the cute little Bingo card and replaced it with the King of Hearts ~ appropriate for Fathers Day, huh?  So, this is what I did:
The card base is 5x7 white cardstock.  I took my PTI Chevron Stripes background stamp and with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink made my own front panel.  I wanted it to be faint and uneven.  Tim Holtz Paper Stash—Kraft Resist, paper was cut into a 4x6" piece.   That was adhered directly onto the card front.  PTI Spiral Notebook Page die was used to cut cream cardstock.  PTI It's Official  Order Ticket stamp was used with the Antique linen ink on the page piece.  A Happy Fathers Day stamp that I think came from the dollar bin at Michael's, was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink.  The ruler is also a stamp from the It's Official set.  I stamped it on Kraft cardstock in Dark Chocolate ink.  I have an OLD Fiskars wood grain embossing plate, I mean old!  It is falling apart.  PTI has one so when mine gives up, I will replace it.  I embossed the ruler to give it cool texture.  I made the stamp with Postmarks PTI stamps.  All of the elements are mounted on pop dots.  The mini playing card was tucked behind the ruler.  The bingo card is the same, I just used the bingo card stamp from It's Official and stamped Dark Chocolate ink on cork paper.
So, which one do you like?  I love the one with the King of Hearts but there is only one of those in a deck.  The Ace of Spades would be cute, too!  I still like the Bingo Card!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

3 comments:

  1. The bingo card is my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haѵe learn some excellent ѕtuff herе.
    Definitely ѵalue bookmагκing foг reviѕiting.

    Ι wondеr hοw а lot еffoгt
    yοu sеt to create thiѕ type of wοnderful іnformatiѵe webѕitе.


    Have a loоκ аt my web blog; http://istosovisto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A person necesѕarily lеnd a hаnd tо makе seνeгеlу pоsts Ӏ wοuld state.

    Тhis іs thе very first time I frequenteԁ your website ρаge anԁ to this pоint?
    I amazed with thе гesearch yоu made
    to сreatе thiѕ particular ѕubmit amazіng.
    Magnificent taѕk!

    Checκ out mу homeρаgе 888 Poker Promotions

    ReplyDelete