Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tribute to a Dawn McVey card

I really am not obsessed with Dawn, I just love here style!  She has designed so many of my favorite PTI supplies it just appears I am obsessed!  She posted this card and I LOVED it.  I didn't have the same supplies she used so I improvised with what I had, I was in Charlotte with my "mini" card set-up.  Hers is gorgeous, mine is a very nice card!  It is a 4 1/4x5 1/2 top fold white cardstock base.  The panel is 4x5 1/4.  All of the cardstock is from a K & Co paper pack.  The yellow piece is 3x4.  The reverse of the yellow is the peachy color.  I used the medium PTI Scalloped border die and cut a 1 1/2" strip to adhere to the yellow edge.  The doily is from Michael's, or Hobby Lobby ~ Wilton.  I trimmed off one edge and adhered it down.  The "doily" die from the small Limitless layers was use to cut the peachy cardstock.  I took 2 large, 2 medium, and 1 small cream felt flowers cut with Beautiful Blooms II #3 die.  I used a glass pearl from WalMart to adhere them together.  2 Turning a New Leaf dies were used to cut a piece of green cardstock from the same paper pack and were tucked behind the flower/doily.  A small white piece of cardstock was stamped with a Hero Arts sentiment with peachy ink.
Hers is gorgeous, mine is a very nice card! 
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Love the doily and the felt flower - SUPER CUTE!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete