Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Notebooks






 This is a large picture show!  I make these notebooks all of the time.  They are from an idea from Papertrey Ink and from Michelle Wooderson.  Her blog is Mish Mash.  She lives in Topeka and she and Dawn McVey are 2 of my favorite Papertrey Ink designers.  These notebooks are made with notepads my sister Pat Whitley ~ Hi Pat! ~ got for me.  She found them in the dollar section at Alco!  YOU ROCK, PAT!!!!  Papertrey Ink has awesome notepads, really nice ones but.... they are expensive, $6 for 10.  Really nice paper but, the ones from the dollar store, or Alco are $1 for 5!  20 cents vs 60 cents.  Now if you are making these for yourself then the Papertrey Ink ones are well worth the money.  I make mine and sell them and give the money to Missions at my church.  I need to penny pinch where I can!
Anyway, the size of the $ store ones are 3x7.  I cut my cardstock at 6 1/2x7 7/8 and score at 3 1/3 & 3 3/8.  I glue the chipboard back to the back cover and the top folds over the top of the pad.  I then go to town with embellishments.  I usually add a mat of print paper.  Here is a good place to use those scraps you save.  If I piece I will use PTI RickRack or eyelet lace border die on the seam.  I almost always use the "doily" from Limitless layers die and Love Lives here butterfly.  I take miniature, 1" clothespins and glue rhinestones on it with glossy accents.  Since I got the PTI Turning a new Leaf dies (have I told you I LOVE those dies?) I use them a lot of the time, too.  The stamp on the "doily" is from Take Note.  GREAT set!  Lots have the crumpled flower I use a lot.  I have more I will post later.  If you have questions about a specific notebook, ask.  There are too many to give individual instructions!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan





1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those Alco bargains! These notepads are so pretty. "Almost" too pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete