Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 2013 Blog Hop Challenge ~ Card 4


This month we challenge you to gain some inspiration from the "Fruits of Summer" color schemes above, using either a portion or all of the colors in a particular scheme.  


I had an idea in my head for this card that did not pan out. I still wanted to use the shape of the watermelon wedges, so I used the Limitless Layers heart dies.


I had tried stacking each color of the challenge but it just looked goofy, so I went with the Raspberry Fizz and Hibiscus Burst hearts and used New Leaf damask pattern pack. The Bumble Bee and Tremendous Tag are Limeade Ice. 


I took the 2 heart idea from Dawn McVey during the July release, Here 
DSC_1365.1

I LOVE the card and new I wanted to use it for my inspiration. She is AMAZING, isn't she!!!

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan


3 comments:

  1. And, you got to use that adorable humble bee! He is feasting on the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out! Not sure what you're not pleased with. The bumble bee is the PERFECT accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love Dawn too. - Irma

    ReplyDelete