Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Make It Monday #114: Blown Ink

--Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and the blown ink technique.

Dawns Beautiful card:




I used Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz and Berry Sorbet Ink. I am still waiting for re-inkers to come back in stock!
I used watercolor paper ~ because I have it. In retrospect, it might not have been the best choice. It kind of absorbs the ink which is a property that makes it awesome but it is not slick so the ink didn't "blow" as well as it might have! The colors came out REALLY dark. In real life you can tell them apart better...

My version:


I liked Dawns idea of covering the puddle, and I LOVE my new Big Ticket Basics stamps so I used Fillable Frames #1 Die and cut Pure Poppy Ink. I used Big Ticket Basics and stamped the image in Berry Sorbet ink. The Thanks is stamped on the little banner from Sketched Sentiments that I double cut! The watercolor paper is adhered to a Raspberry Fizz panel.


It was a fun technique. But I am pretty sure I would use Stampers Select card stock next time.

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Fun card! I love the big ticket. The texture of the watercolor paper makes a wonderful backdrop for your card.

    ReplyDelete