Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MORE Scrap Cards ~ I *Heart* This Red Paper




More cards from that GORGEOUS red Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho Collection paper.  I LOVE that paper.  I am so drawn to red and damask.  And that small print on 6x6 pads makes the prettiest cards.  Like the paper from that Jillibean Soup pad my sister Pat *Hi Pat!* gave me, she gave me all of her scraps from the red sheets as well.  I made these 4 cards and I think a couple more, just from scraps.  You can see in the pictures what I had to work with.  Most of the scraps were 1-1 1/2x3-4". They were all layered on a 4x 5 3/8 red mat on top of a 4 1/4x5 1/2 white cardstock base.  All of these have a hand dyed seam binding, dyed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain and some water with Perfect Pearls added.  It makes the ribbon creamy with just a hint of metallic sheen.  So pretty.  I dye YARDS of this combo at a time, I LOVE it!  I thread a button on button twine and tie it on the knot of the bow that has been tied around 3-4 times.  The top 2 cards use a stamped, inked frame from Just Because Cards Criket cartridge.  The 3rd card has a "doily" from Limitless Layers and Recollections flowers from Michael's.  There is also a Tiny Tag from PTI.  The last card has a tag made from PTI Jar Label.  I think all of these scrap cards are just beautiful.  They are made with BEAUTIFUL paper.  Don't throw your scraps away, especially if it is paper you love!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Yes, you do love all things red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see....how did I miss this one??? Those Seam binding ribbons against the red looks so elegant!! WOW I really love these. Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete