Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Monday, September 12, 2011

Brown Bow Card

This is a simple cards from paper I have used before.  The paper is a 4x 4 or so piece of paper that I used on a post earlier in the summer.  The card base is 4 1/4x5 1/2 side fold, white cardstock.  The brown paper is 4x1/2.  I bought a bag of buttons at Hobby Lobby.  In the bag there were 3-4 brown satin ribbon bows.  They were perfectly tied and too pretty not to use, so, I did!  I sewed a goldish button around the knot with button twine.  The bow was attached to the seam with a glue dot.  PTI Fillable Frames #8 was used to cut brown cardstock.  A 2 3/4" white cardstock oval that I cut with George and Basic Shapes was adhered to the frame.  I mass produce those ovals.  I do an "Auto-Fill" of both white and cream cardstock on my Cricut Expression.  I also make several 2" and some 2 1/2".  They work great when you want a frame that is cut from paper too dark to stamp on.  A single felt Beautiful Blooms II #3 diecut was threaded with a button, like the one on the bow.  Very simple card but it is a really cute one.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment