Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

Aqua & Brown Cards




I am so into Damask right now.  I am drawn to the pattern and I am not sure why.  Maybe because it is so orderly and my craft room is not!  I am trying to get back into scrapbooking for Colin's Senior year.  I actually have been working on a 7 Gypsies Library Drawer.  I am making 6x6 pages to go in the drawer, HERE .  It is coming along nicely but I am a messy scrapbooker!  I am not a neat cardmaker but I use fewer supplies so I am not as immersed in embellishments and all of the pictures!  So back to damask, I LOVE it.  The top 3 pictures are all of the same card.  It was made with scraps pieced on 4x5 3/8 brown cardstock.  That was adhered to a 4 1/4x5 1/2 piece of cardstock after a hand dyed length of seam binding was tied into a bow near the middle of the panel.  Have I told you about my card bases?  I don't like to write on colored cardstock.  Hallmark makes its cards on white cardstock!  Why do card crafters use colored cardstock?  I buy the white Georgia Pacific cardstock at WalMart.  It is a ream of 150 sheets for around $6.  I take it to Kinko's and get it cut.  They have guillotine cutters that are accurate and give clean cuts.  They charge $1.50 per cut.  I get 3 sizes cut;  4 1/4x5 1/2, 4 1/4x11 & 7x10.  That is $6+tax.  I usually take 2 packages of paper, 300 sheets & divide it in 1/3's.  There is no way I can cut that much paper effectively at home.  The wear and tear on my blade not to mention inaccurate cuts and that time I save is unbelievable!  I am really passionate about that topic so sorry for the lecture!  I used the 2 larger PTI butterfly dies and the Martha Stewart butterfly punch.  Michael's Recollections pearls were adhered to the butterfly stack and a aqua button was threaded to the knot of the bow.  The bottom card is a 4 1/4 side fold (4 1/4x11").  The same elements with the addition of lace on the right side and PTI Doily Details die that was used to cut brown cardstock.  A 1 3/4 punch was used to cut the aqua cardstock for the center of the doily.  A brown PTI Tiny Tag was stamped with the sentiment.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. 1st, it is just WRONG that our Colin is a senior. Where did the years go?

    2nd, LOVE your CS idea. One of the Fredonia gals and I bought some of the CS at WM. We took it to FedEx to have it cut. WOW! So easy and cheap. Thanks so much for that tip. No worries about straight cuts, etc. If you do it, you will not regret.

    AND, love the cards!

    ReplyDelete