Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Clear Embossing

I am as frugal (my kids say I am cheap!) as I can be.  We all know scrapbooking/cardmaking is an expensive hobby.  We buy too many tools and embellishments and expensive paper and...  So I save money where I can.  Sometimes an embellishment package comes with pretty paper.  I have several pieces of paper in my stash from packaging.  This piece of paper came from a K&Co package.  Really pretty paper.  It wasn't big enough so I matted it on  4 3/4x6 3/4 panel.  That was adhered to a 5x7 white cardstock base.  A piece of the same creamy cardstock was cut with Mat Stack #4, inked with Versamark and clear embossing powder was used.  PTI Love Lives Here butterfly was used to cut a scrap of the packaging paper and the 2 butterflies were adhered to the Mat with pop dots.  3 clear rinestones were adhered to the center of the butterflies.  The small double ended banner was used to cut white cardstock.  Dark Chocolate ink was stamped on the banner and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  A very simple card.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you do one card several ways.

    I would never call you cheap, just frugal, sis!

    ReplyDelete