Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Papertrey Ink 6th Anniversary ~ Sketch challenge ~ card 2

MY first card. I really like this card and will make it again but I was in a hurry and did not use an embossing buddy on my card stock. That is a BIG No No when using white embossing powder on dark card stock. I just did not have time to re-do it. Here it is with all it's little white flecks :)

I was at Michael's earlier and they had one of those wire Bird Cages you can attach pictures to. I have been looking for a way to display my cards in my light box for a LONG time. I will play with this for a while and see how I like it.


The card uses Pure Poppy cut with Bottle Tag die, and a strip of Raspberry Fizz I notched. I use a square punch to notch, when I can. It makes a more even tail, for me. The PRETTY Damask paper is from PTI Damask Designs Patterned Paper. I took the Filigree Border die and cut 2 filigrees, trimmed them out and made a flower. I have a supply of resin flowers like PTI is going to start selling. I used the one closest to Pure Poppy and glued it to the center of my flower. It looks sort of orange in the picture but it is red.
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment: