Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, March 9, 2017

MAKE IT MONDAY #277: NAIL POLISH MARBLING

Marbled Birthday Card


-Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and nail polish marbling.


Have you tried this?
Not so easy....
I used some old polish which I think caused me problems.
I glopped up and when I tried to swirl it all adhered to my skewer.


So the second time I only used newer polish. I still did't try and swirl it too much...
My biggest complaint  about the technique (besides how much the polish smells and gave me a headache...) is how saturated the paper got with the water and how BADLY it warped.
I dried it overnight, but...


It is a cute idea and Lizzies black and green is AWESOME!!!

Mine kinda looks like the Scream mask...

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

5 comments:

  1. I had the same experiences as you... Not an easy technique, by any means! I giggled when you mentioned the Scream Mask. I didn't see that, but when I went back to check I thought I could see a woman giving herself a breast exam in the top left corner! (I wonder what that says about me...?!) I hope that doesn't offend you--just thinking on how much fun these cards could be for the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I laughed out loud once you pointed out the breast exam. So, so funny!

      Delete
    2. Thankfully Susan saw the humour in this, too :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I laughed out loud at work! I can see both images now that they're pointed out. I actually love your piece. It reminds me of some of the artwork and clothing in the early 70s. Very funky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're card urned out great!!! I agree, it is so funky!!!

    ReplyDelete