Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #257: SENTIMENT STRIP GROUNDING

SentimentstripicecreamflatSQ

Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and sentiment strip grounding.

I needed to make a birthday card for my middle son who will be...sniff, sniff..27 on the 18th!
It doesn't seem possible!

I decided to use Dawns Just a Number set.
It is so fun the personalize cards, when you can.
I also used The Skinny for an extra sentiment, to ground the embellishments.



I used a Modern Background Stencil just to add texture like Lexi did.


Embellishments are always tricky for masculine cards,
My go-to is stars.
I have these wood veneer stars that, to me, work perfectly.


Brandon will say that it is nice Mom...
That is the best I will get...

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

15 comments:

  1. Sniff, sniff, sniffing here, too! Love this card and Brandon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, masculine looking card. Great combination of stamp sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great masculine card - the wooden stars are so perfect!! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool birthday card, masculine or not. And I never get any oohs and aahs from men either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! This set was almost in my basket and something else won out. You've made me NEED it! heeheehee

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat looking card and the wooden stars complete it perfectly! The number set is still on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your great masculine card. Your stamping within the die cut is awesome. Everything is balanced really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, Susan. I like the way that you used the stencil in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card!! I always struggle with masculine cards, but this one is just perfect in every way!! My oldest turned 27 this year and that made me cry a little too...where does the time go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it from the background forward! Sweet wooden stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great masculine card. I really like the subtle stenciling in the background with the Just the Number set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super fun! I just used this set for the first time too! I love the shape of it. Your stenciling is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect masculine Card and i like your layout. The wooden stars are great accents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, your followers here will compliment you over and over again as this special birthday card is perfectly executed...stars and all. Happy Birthday to Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, the background pulls it all together!

    ReplyDelete