Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversay Contest

 Dawn
Hi!  I am back.  I really never intended to take a 2 month blog break.  I have been super busy.  You all know by now I sell all of the cards I make and donate the money for missions at my church.  The money I donate goes to Malawi and is used to dig Bore Hole wells.  Those cost about $8000 each,  Last year I donated $2200!  I was so happy and grateful to those who bought my cards.  Most of my customer come from the Leawood Kansas Curves.  They are AWESOME and generous ladies and I love everyone of them, even the ones that are Missouri tigers fans ;)
So my excuse is ~  I was VERY BUSY!  It takes a LOT of cards, pouches, notebooks to raise that much money, and since the first of the year, I have been making Valentines.  I will post those next, and I promise it won't be 2 months.
So, this post is for the 5th Anniversary contest at Papertrey Ink.  You pick a designer and use at least one of her 5 favorite PTI supplies.  I chose, drum roll here,  Dawn McVey ~ big surprise, huh?
Her list is HERE .  I used them all and I am delighted with the results!  I wasn't sure if I was going to like the bakers twine on the card, I thought I would have liked ribbon or seam binding better,  but I LOVE it!
Here it is:


The card base is 4 1/4x5 1/2 rustic cream card stock.  The Mega Mat Stack 4 was used to cut the cream card stock and the Rosie Posie dies.  Those were stamped with Raspberry Fizz ink on the 2 larger flowers and Hawaiian Shores was used to ink up the small one.  New Leaf ink was used on the leaves.  Chocolate Bakers Twine was wrapped around the Mega Mat Stack and a Raspberry Fizz button and a Cream Tiny Tag that was stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink, were threaded through the twine.  A 4x5 1/4 Raspberry Fizz mat was adhered to the card front and the Mat stack was added with pop dots.  *LOVE*  I really LOVE the card and the color combo.  I really love Dawn McVeys inspiration.

Thank you to my loyal followers for checking in on me and encouraging me to post.  It means a LOT!  LOVE to all of you!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card!! I love the Rosie Posie flowers and the twine is the perfect accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, sweet friend! Your card is gorgeous!! So glad you got to play along with the challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are posting again! Love the card, as usual! Share your talent.

    ReplyDelete