Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

This card was made as a Masculine card.  A lot of us struggle with cards for our husbands and boys and male friends.  This card is greeting card sized, 5x7.  A white cardstock base has a brown paper mat.  This one is from an old DCWV stack.  It is cut at 4 3/4 x 6 3/4.  I took a page from an old book I got at Goodwill and cut it to fit the front.  The ledger paper was hand stamped from a Papertrey Ink set but, I found an old ledger at an Antique store in Charlotte.  I will post something with it, soon.  Soooo cool.  It has entries from 1950 written in pencil by the owner.  I just LOVE it.  But, I digress! I used Tim Holtz distress tea stain on the edges.  The ticket is cut at 2" on my Cricut from the Wall Decor and More cartridge.  The Mat is PTI Mat Stack 1, which might be my favorite but I LOVE them all!  A cream oval cut at 1 3/4 with the Cricut, George & Basic Shapes was stamped with a Stampin up stamp in Dark Chocolate ink.  Works well for a masculine card, don't you think?
Thanks for looking at my blog!!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. I can deffinately agree it is hard to make cards fitting my husband or a man of any kind. I love this idea, and can't wait to try it out, with cards and to creat more masculin scrapbook pages! Thank you for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete