Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #253: REVERSE STENCILING

Reverse-stencil-still

Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and reverse stenciling.

Betsy was my inspiration for the technique...
Diana K was my inspiration for the card...


I LOVE, LOVE this card Diana made...
It is GORGEOUS...

So here is mine...using reverse stenciling. Thank you Betsy. I might do this as often as I stencil the regular way.

 I used a Modern Stencil. I also turned my stencil on its corner. You end up with a star pattern but when floated my butterflies over it, you can not see it as well.
Amethyst Allure ink and my ancient brayer!



Diana graciously shared tips on the best way to make BEAUTIFUL butterflies with the Color Pop kit!
I LOVE it. I have had it a while but just had rarely used it . 


I mimicked Diana's cluster of butterflies...without copying it.


I like the light/dark patches of the stencil


I am crazy about this combination of the background and the Pretty Color Pop butterflies.


This Lovely lady one was my first attempt.


It is much softer, but I think it turned out pretty as well.

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan





9 comments:

  1. Wow your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, simply stunning cards. I love butterflies and purple, and you have done this perfectly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, Susan, so amazing. I am so flattered that you liked my card, but I'm telling you your stenciling adds so much. You rocked the challenge big time!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to finally find a reason to have kept that old brayer? Sure glad you did, cuz these are stunners! BG for butterflies = gorgeous! Love your chosen colors for both, and so agree on Diana's beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are lovely! I love the herds of butterflies -- I'm definitely taking notes on the placement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this reverse stenciling was great too! I love the look with the butterflies. Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are SOOOO pretty! I love the colors you used in your first card...think I might have to CASE you if you don't mind! Your 2nd card is also very pretty with it's soft colors. Beautiful, beautiful cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that color combination in your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards! Love the purple one.

    ReplyDelete