Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Make It Monday #120: Overlapping Ombre


Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and some form of overlapping ombre stamping.



Can you read? Well, apparently I cannot. I spent about 1 1/2 hours, or so, making 2 cards for this challenge.  I was SO proud of myself. They were not copies of Nichole's cards. WooHoo! Well, guess why? I cannot read!!! I took pictures and had them all edited. I was getting ready to post when I READ Nicholes blog! 
My cards were not OVERLAPPING! They were ombre, but they did not overlap. And, the images I chose could not be coaxed into that technique! So I made a third card. I am going to post those other 2 cards later, because I like them ;)

I used Simply You stamp set.


I used Edger #1 to trim both the card and the Raspberry Fizz panel. The stamp is inked in Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz and Scarlet Jewell inks. I was really only able to overlap the circle of the O. It got to muddied up if I raised it up any more.

OK, this was another CHALLENGING challenge!!! I do like the look of this technique and how it turned out!

Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love your color choices. I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this card. Also the sentiment you chose to go with the Yous is just perfect. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! And yes, I did the same thing, had to start over because my stamping was not overlapping either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like those colors and I especially like that sentiment. Lovely card. Yes, this was a bit challenging of a MIM. I decided this is my own personal card class that a lot of people also have a personal invitation to.

    ReplyDelete