Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


This month it is all about breaking out of your comfort zone and trying out some non-traditional color schemes for a holiday card or tag!  Sometimes it is so easy to get stuck in a rut when it comes time to paper craft fro the holidays, so here is your chance to let loose, have fun and try something brand new! 

Sorry that it has been a while, again! I have been in full blown manufacture mode, not in create mode. When I do that I am not taking pictures and not posting! I am making Thanksgiving & Christmas favors. That is where the bulk of my sales come from, so.... gotta go where the business is!
So I chose the above color combo. It was the first one that caught my eye, so I went with it. I wanted to do more than one, but... no extra time. 



How freaking cute did this turn out??? I LOVE the non-traditional colors! 




First of all let me tell you, my husband got me a new light box for my Birthday. I used the lights when I took the picture of all of the parts I made in the last post but there was too much to put in the light box. WOW!!! The lighting is night and day. Thank you so much Al, my blog is grateful (even though Colin says my page is Lame!!!)
The bag is a Michael's 1# gift bag. I cut it down a bit. I used PTI Mat Stack #5 & Layerz, in Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores. I cut New Leaf pattern pack, Damask with the Christmas Tree die, I LOVE it! The pattern of the Damask mimics leaves, I think!! The handle is Simply Chartreuse Saddle Stitch ribbon. I use the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and then glue a strip of white card stock behind it to git it a little more strengh. I then glued clear rhinestones over the staples to cover them and more on the tree. (Enough bling for you Pam? Pat, you like it, too!) I had a pale blue rhinestone star in my stash that in real life is close to Hawaiian Shores. The tree is adhered with pop dots.
Fun bag and really didn't take a lot of time to make!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan



5 comments:

  1. Very….very cute! Love the tree and the handles. Don't you just love it when you love your own creation and it makes us so happy. Gorgeous, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the gift bag. I love those dies and am glad you gave me a good idea to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cute bag! You know I love bling as much as Pam does.

    I just can't understand why your boys don't appreciate it on the cards I make for them. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty gift bag, love the tree in the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are totally adorable! I love non-traditional colors for holiday cards & this is a great combo. As for the bling...........PERFECTO!!

    ReplyDelete