Search This Blog

Contact me

Email sbeauchaine@kc.rr.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter "Baskets"






This is what I have been doing and why my posts are few and far between.  I have made about 125 of these "Baskets".  And.... I have had help. 
I use PTI Front and Center dies, both 1 & 2.  I cut pastel paper with the die.  My sister Sherry *Hi Sherry ~ and THANKS!* sewed the pocket or "basket" part for me.  The bottom edge is folded up 3" and the sides are Zigzagged.  I used my Easter solutions cartridge & my Cricut Expression to cut the Egg cards.  Target has packages of glitter paper in their shrinking scrapbook area 2, 12x12 sheets for $1.  A BARGAIN.  They actually have several colors including the white I used.  The eggs were cut at 4".  A 4" doily was cut in half and adhered to the front of the flap.  A 2" punch was used to cut the circle in the center of the die.  Happy Easter was cut with the same Easter cartridge at 1 3/4".  The ADORABLE felt bunnies & chicks are from Michael's.  They are also a BARGAIN.  You get 24 in a package for less than $3!  I used various little "charms" to decorate the tiny clothespin.  And what would I do without Seam Binding???  I use it on EVERYTHING!!!  It is the most versatile and cost effective ribbon out there.  Lastly the candy.  I found packages of Swedish Fish eggs and some other miscellaneous bags of candy that were sort of flat.  Also mini Reese's bunnies. 
So, I have already sold around 75+.  The ones left I am sure will sell next week!  The picture of the group is about 60+, not all of them!
Happy Easter to all!
Thank you for looking at my blog!
Susan

1 comment: